Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Day - celebrating the Pilgrims Landing Mexican style

Yesterday, the theme of thankfulness was my mantra.  It started at Yoga class where Paty in her very gracious Mexican style, dedicated our practice to this US holiday and the theme of giving thanks.  No such holiday exists in Mexico,but this holiday makes sense to Mexicans.   Mexicans are people who do recognize the value of giving thanks.  They are aware that when you have the good fortune of health, family and a beautiful place to live, there are reasons to honor giving thanks. 

Gene and I chose to spend our day in one of our favorite place, out on the beach at Playa Blanca... and as always my heart soars as I walk the beach with our faithful friend Cori who seems to come alive on that magical stretch of sand as he chases birds skimming along the shore line.    Gene tried his first shore casting of this year, and I think even he was a bit glad he didn't catch any this time.

Later, we met our wonderful friends Iris and Bob for dinner at Casa Cielo Azul, their beautiful home. Isahrai and her new baby Ellery and our new "friends" Peter and Eileen completed the group....all ex-pats, all grateful that this is where we are, in this place and in this time...life is good! 



The thankfulness of yesterday has been extended to today....- for our neighbourhood knife-sharpener who has improved my culinary tools and our local "bolillo" vendor, who although I don't buy her buns (I tell her I'm a poco gordita and no como pan) , passes by our home like clock work every morning.  Tomorrow I promised her photo in print which prompted her huge smile today. 

Now off to my pool,   the outside my door playground where when I'm really lucky, it is empty and waiting for me every morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment